Yoga has been instrumental and shown its mettle time and again even on international grounds that it is the best form of exercise to combat stress. A lot of studies show that monotonous and demanding jobs create stress and yoga has claimed to reduce that stress by upto 30% according to the Life Sciences Institute of India.
A few of the Aasanas to combat stress are as follows –
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose) helps improve the alertness levels.
Balasana (Child Pose) helps you relax completely. In this pose, you curl up like a fetus
- Stand straight with your legs flat on the mat with the heels slightly spaced out and toes touching each other. Keep the backbone straight with palms facing the thighs.
- Slowly join the hands together.
- Inhale deeply and stretch as much as possible.
- Slowly lift your ankle and stand on your toes
- Hold the position for 30 seconds, while breathing normally
- Slowly relax your body
Padmasana (Lotus Pose) helps you to calm down and soothes your mind.
- Sit on your knees with your palms facing the floor on either side of the body.
- As you inhale, bring your whole body forward in such a way that only the forehead touches the floor.
- Stay in the position for 30 seconds and breathe normally.
- Sit cross legged. The left feet should be on right thigh and vice versa, while the soles face up.
- Keep the back erect.
- Keep the hands in joint posture
- Close your eyes and while inhaling and exhaling deeply, maintain the pose for about 30 seconds.